Five Key Functions of HRIS – The Best Features for Your Money
If you've decided that the time to upgrade your HR department with a state of the art HRIS has come, you'll likely be surprised by the variety of features that today's HRIS can offer. The basic functions that most companies expect from an HRIS are still present, along with many additional features that can transform not only your HR department but your entire business. To find the best HRIS money can buy, you'll want to keep your eyes out for a few key features. These are the five key functions that any good HRIS can provide, and although you may not need them all at the moment there may come a time when you're glad your HRIS already has them included.
- Payroll – This is the most common feature of any HRIS, and included in any of them. A variety of payroll systems exist in an HRIS including some that are fully automated and synced with external time clocks and others that allow each employee to enter their time into the system for managerial approval. When looking for an HRIS be sure that the payroll feature it includes is fully functional and includes the ability to review payroll information quickly as well as any other additional features your specific HRIS needs may call for.
- Benefits Administration – Some figures state that an HR employee could spend as much as forty percent of their time managing employee benefits. A great HRIS can eliminate the majority of this time completely. Many HRIS programs will even allow each employee to manage their own benefits, adding a spouse to their insurance or checking the total of their FSA when they want without having to bother HR at all. If you offer employee benefits you shouldn't invest in an HRIS that doesn't provide you with benefits administration options, and taking it a step further and investing in an HRIS that allows employee self-service will help your company even more.
- Training Systems – With the extra time an HRIS will give your HR department, they'll likely be able to devote more time and energy into developing training strategies to improve your workforce. An HRIS with a training system will allow your HR department to track and manage all aspects of employee training and is a great feature to have in any HRIS.
- Recruiting – Your HRIS will also allow your HR department more time to focus on their recruitment efforts. New hires are valuable, but the recruitment process can be complex. A good HRIS will provide many different features designed to help your HR department manage each step of the recruitment phase with ease. It's a vital component to any HRIS, and one that can really improve your overall ROI on employees.
- HR Metrics – The best HRIS will give you the chance to review a wealth of data about your company and your employees. This feature gives you the ability to see where your company thrives and where it struggles and lets you develop new strategies for improving your company.
Unicorn HRO offers the best HRIS that your money can buy and provides you with a total human resources solution system for any need. With all the above features and more, it's an investment you'll be more than happy with.