The Unicorn HRO Blog
Shared Services Benefits – Taking a Closer LookPosted Tuesday, January 31, 2012 by Unicorn HRO
If you've been in business for any length of time, you've probably at least heard the term shared services before. While shared services have been around for some time, not everyone is aware of just what the various HR shared services benefits are. In some cases, businesses may not even understand just what these services are, let alone the different HR shared services benefits. Because they do indeed offer some very real advantages, taking a closer look at them is well worth doing. The actual definition may vary slightly, but in most cases shared services are nothing more than multiple organizations sharing processes, technology, assets, and investments with other organizations in an effort to lower costs and maximize productivity. Here's a closer look at the finer points of HR shared services benefits.
- One of the most important HR shared services benefits is the fact that they can actually help companies gain competitive advantages that they may not develop otherwise.
- The overall environmental impact of various IT functions may be lessened, and the overall costs of them could be reduced as well. These are both excellent HR shared services benefits that make the system well worth thinking about.
- Costs across the board are usually reduced. Cost savings of as much as twenty percent are usually possible, and highlight one of the biggest HR shared services benefits.
- More than reduced costs, most companies that listed HR shared services benefits actually ranked the improved service possible much higher. While both lower costs and higher service levels are HR shared services benefits, the increased service abilities are more impressive to most business owners.
- There's also a special amount of increased learning, collaboration, and research that can only come from these services. You may learn new skills and techniques, and that's a major one of the HR shared services benefits.
- The overall scalability and upgrade opportunities of systems are increased as well. If you're looking for more surprising HR shared services benefits, this is certainly one to consider. Upgrading systems can cost a good bit, but this helps make it easy and affordable to do so.
Obviously there are plenty of reasons to consider shared services. There is some debate about their overall effectiveness, but when you look at the different HR shared services benefits that exist it becomes much more obvious that they can indeed provide you with major advantages over other options. HR shared services benefits are real, and well worth taking a closer look at. From saving money to improve your ability to provide services, adding shared services to your human resources department may be one of the best moves that you can make. The HR shared services benefits are surprising and many, and make this option deserving of your consideration.