The Unicorn HRO Blog
Unicorn HRO Solves the Affordable Care Act Compliance Challenges for EmployersPosted Wednesday, August 12, 2015 by Unicorn HRO
Under the Affordable Care Act, applicable large employers – those with 50 or more full-time employees, including fulltime equivalent employees – are required to take some new actions. These employers must file information returns with the IRS and also provide statements to full-time employees about health coverage the employer offered or to show the employer didn’t offer coverage.
Information reporting was voluntary for calendar year 2014. All applicable large employers are required to report health coverage information for the first time in early 2016 for calendar year 2015.
To prepare for 2016, applicable large employers need to track information each month in 2015, including:
- Whether you offered full-time employees and their dependents minimum essential coverage that meets the minimum value requirements and is affordable.
- Whether your employees enrolled in the self-insured minimum essential coverage you offered.
You need to track this information because you could be subject to an employer shared responsibility payment if either:
- You offered coverage to fewer than 70% (for 2015; after 2015 this threshold changes to 95%) of your full-time employees and their dependents and at least one full-time employee enrolled in coverage through the Health Insurance Marketplace and receives apremium tax credit, or
- You offered coverage to at least 70% (for 2015) of your full-time employees and their dependents,but at least one full-time employee receives a premiumtax credit (because coverage offered was not affordable, did not provide minimum value or the full-time employee was not offered coverage). After 2015, this threshold changes to 95%.
How Unicorn HRO Can Help
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) regulations and requirements for compliance are complicated, and continuing to evolve. While HR teams are struggling to manage day-to-day issues and don’t have the time or expertise to handle ACA reporting requirements, CFOs and compliance departments may not know how much ACA compliance exposure the organization is facing.
Unicorn HRO’s solution provides HR staff with a thorough, easy-to-use, real-time dashboard view that houses your employee hierarchy and enables centralized management of ACA compliance.
Key Benefits & Features
- Modeling and decision support to help HR departments test alternatives for eligibility thresholds.
- Variable hour employee tracking and management.
- Data anomaly analysis to ensure data is clean and monitored.
- Health benefits budgets and targets down to the department level.
- Compliance testing on subsidiary-by-subsidiary basis.
- Employee notifications of health benefit options.
- Health exchange verification management.